• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

see if my karma is worth anything..

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Any of you trailer queens wanna haul my jeep about 3 miles sometime this week?

The coolant running out of the wiring harness near my radiator is shorting a few things out and stopping the jeep from starting .. the HOA at my place wont let me tear into it here, so I need to tow it back to my parents to find the problem.

I'll be going from Fullerton to Fullerton, and am fairly flexable on time.

-Cal

only three miles?

I got a tow strap. :D

Plus, I could bring along a copy of the stuff I have of that band you were asking about . . . .

Yeah i have a strap too, i was just hoping not to make that trip with 11 turns, uphill and downhill with no lights, power steering, power brakes, etc. If it comes down to that, I'll just burn a AAA call, but since this is not an emergency, i'm not on the roadside, and i'm not in a "today" hurry, i figured it might be worth the effort to see if any of the locals tow their rig and have some free time.

-C

do you have AAA? If not, maybe I could get up there one evening and use my card and get you towed for free....

If someone has a dolly or trailer, I am available anytime after 6pm mon-fri. Just offering it up in case someone has a trailer but no time.

Cal, just use your AAA card. Thats what you got it for!!
Emergency or not, they will send a truck out. Easy and quick........
Damn....do I gotta' point out the obvious all the time??!! :D
Rick R:moon:

Yeah, I was just hoping to avoid burning a use. Between my jeep, my '62 ford, and my dad's range rover, I typically use most if not all of my tows every year. Looks like all the trailer queens live in san diego or the valley, so i'll have AAA haul it over tonight and start tearing into it. I guess I cant be too bitter about it, I cant think of a better place to break down than my driveway. ;)

-C

Have you looked into the local trailer rentals? Cheaper than a non-AAA tow.

I'd just do AAA before I bother with that. Trailer is $59, tow is $11/mile, AAA is free, but was hoping I could snag someones flatbed for two hours and return it with a case of beer

*shrug*

-C

At least with the AAA you won't have to worry about it catching fire!!! :D

I will ask my buddy for his tralier. IF its down here (he stores it up in big bear mostly) then I can grab it for how ever long it takes. But he is in Huntington and I have to get it back to huntington, and with a 4x4 Ford with the 5.4 It will cost ya like 10$ in gas. If thats worth it to ya then I will ask him. Karma shold Always come around to those that earn it......

I scored a trailer about a mile from my place a few minutes ago.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help. :)

-C

cool.. Well if you need atruck to just tow it I am avail. If its just staying in fullerton then I am cool on the gas even...

Cal's karma should take care of this weekly.

Back