• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remanufactured motor questions couple of questions....

pikey77

NAXJA Forum User
I might have a chance to pick up a remanufactured 4.0 for 500 bucks and wanted to get a couple questions answered.

Its remaned by Hesco Parts - anyone have any experience with them?

Also I was told it was made for a 1998 with vin code "S" and has the straight oil filter mount. Will this fit my 2001?

I'm gettin ready to redo the rod/main bearings and that'd run me 300 or so with parts and I figured this might be a smarter move. Unfortunatly the motors warranty in not transferable.

Given the price of the rebuild, I can see why it'd be a tough call.

What kind of shape is the rest of your engine in?

Rob

The brackets that hold the motor mounts are a different setup for the 'straight filtered' 4.0L that normally is used on TJ's.. I wouldn't go that route unless you are extremely handy with making motor mount brackets on your own and drilling and tapping 6-12 holes for accessory bracket \ mounting differences between the TJ an XJ... *don't do it in my opinion*

George T.

pikey77 said:
I might have a chance to pick up a remanufactured 4.0 for 500 bucks and wanted to get a couple questions answered.

Its remaned by Hesco Parts - anyone have any experience with them?

Also I was told it was made for a 1998 with vin code "S" and has the straight oil filter mount. Will this fit my 2001?

I'm gettin ready to redo the rod/main bearings and that'd run me 300 or so with parts and I figured this might be a smarter move. Unfortunatly the motors warranty in not transferable.

gptrilik said:
The brackets that hold the motor mounts are a different setup for the 'straight filtered' 4.0L that normally is used on TJ's.. I wouldn't go that route unless you are extremely handy with making motor mount brackets on your own and drilling and tapping 6-12 holes for accessory bracket \ mounting differences between the TJ an XJ... *don't do it in my opinion*

George T.

Was there a specific reason you replied to this 2 year old thread?

Back