• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA alignment shoe - replace?

SurplusFan98

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Working on my son's 2000 xj. We're adding longer LCAs to address some steering weirdness after a 3" lift we did maybe last summer. His jeep has a history of rusty bolts, and this job has been no exception. The frame side bolt on the passenger LCA was rusted into the bushing sleeve. Eventually I had to cut the bolt off inside the bracket on both sides. In doing so, I have marred the hell out of the alignment shoe inside the bracket. The gouges are along the edges and not right up against the bolt hole, but they're good and deep with some sharp edges.

I need to keep going with this project and do the driver's side while I've got the time. But, I don't want to take off both LCAs at the same time and have to deal with aligning it all again. Should I worry about replacing this alignment shoe while I have everything taken apart or do you guys think its fine to run it?

Thanks

Back