• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source to quality stock height springs

rang-a-stang

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 is sagging in the back really bad and the front is worn too. I am planning to rebuild my stock front suspension in the coming months and want to replace the springs when I do. I don't want to lift it, just keeping this dude a stock daily driver for my bride.

Knowing the newest XJ is now 20+ years old and most with stock suspensions have sagged rear springs, it seems like OEM springs are out. I would prefer not buy Cheapnese crap. All the quality aftermarket springs I see are lifted.

Does anyone make a good riding set of stock height springs these days?

Have some USA leaf springs built for your Jeep. Check out Husky Spring or see if there is local spring shop. Most of the aftermarket replacement leaf springs are made in China or India, and are not very good quality, or very durable.

Are you sure the front coils are sagged ? Typically they hold up much better than the rear leaf springs.

A few years ago I bought a cheap local XJ with saggy leafs. I didn't want to deal with installing new leaf springs, so I cut the spring eyes off of an XJ main leaf out of some spring packs I got from a buddy and installed them like an add-a-leaf. The extra leaf took all the sag out of the tired stock spring pack and the ride quality didn't change at all.

Last edited:
Have some USA leaf springs built for your Jeep. Check out Husky Spring or see if there is local spring shop. Most of the aftermarket replacement leaf springs are made in China or India, and are not very good quality, or very durable.

Are you sure the front coils are sagged ? Typically they hold up much better than the rear leaf springs.

A few years ago I bought a cheap local XJ with saggy leafs. I didn't want to deal with installing new leaf springs, so I cut the spring eyes off of an XJ main leaf out of some spring packs I got from a buddy and installed them like an add-a-leaf. The extra leaf took all the sag out of the tired stock spring pack and the ride quality didn't change at all.
That's what I am seeing (all made in China and India).
I am not totally convinced the front is sagged. My leafs are inverted though. Unloaded my rear is about 1/2" lower than the front. Maybe I will swap the rear and see how it looks.
Hm. I will keep your idea of adding an extra spring in my pocket...
I did the air shock short cut. Kinda surprised they have held up to the Postal route abuse for 2 Yeats now.
This has crossed my mind. But my experience with air shocks is it makes the ride a bit too stiff for my liking.

Air shocks stress the upper and lower shock mounts, and don't allow for tuning the ride quality with different shocks.

17.5" measured from the center of the rim, to the bottom of the fender flare is stock. The rear is 17.0". The factory optional UpCountry off-road coils (and leafs) are +1 inch and have a very slightly higher load rating rate of 755 vs the stock 675.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome! I appreciate the help!

Back