• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late model evap/heater core replacement question.

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm planning my evap and heater core replacement. 1998 limited. My evaporator is leaking. I am trying to find a good write up with pictures. The jeep forum write up pictures are gone. Also I do t want to ever pull this dash apart again. I plan on replacing gauge lights and all other dash lights. Also fixing kick panel wiring. What else should I replace/upgrade while it's apart? Any other helpful tips or tricks would be appreciated!!

So I'm planning my evap and heater core replacement. 1998 limited. My evaporator is leaking. I am trying to find a good write up with pictures. The jeep forum write up pictures are gone. Also I do t want to ever pull this dash apart again. I plan on replacing gauge lights and all other dash lights. Also fixing kick panel wiring. What else should I replace/upgrade while it's apart? Any other helpful tips or tricks would be appreciated!!

Both of the links provided show everything you need to get the job done.

The gauge lights can be replace later easily. You don't actually have to pull the gauge to remove the dash. Having the dash out would make easy access to the wiring to replace/fix broken wires.

I got a roll of peel N seal from Lowe's to finish the sound deadening in the cab. This stuff works great.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_154017-81326-PS625_0__?productId=1018733

The only other thing I would add is to get some felt tape and put it on anywhere that plastic touches other plastic. This will keep the squeaks down. I missed a spot and its driving me insane right now.

As far as upgrades go, I got the Heater Treater blend door
http://www.heatertreater.net/magento/index.php/jeep/cherokee/jeep-cherokee-97-06.html

Other than that, take your time and use quality parts to make sure you don't have a leak as soon as you get done. I also took the opportunity to completely flush and replace my coolant and had the A/C system filled by a professional.

Back