• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump check valve

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what part of the fuel pump assembly the one way check valve is in? Is it the pump itself or is it this part on top?
3yzaqytu.jpg

I am almost (nearly) certain that the pressure regulator does contain the check valve.

There are two check valves actually. One in the Regulator/Filter you show a pic of and one on the pump itself.

Here's some pics of what's inside that Regulator/Filter:

Components:

InsideRegulatorhousing.jpg

Regulator Filter:

FilterChamber.jpg

Other Filters of the Module:

DSCF2466.jpg

Pressure Regulator/Check Valve:

PressureRegulater_FilterChamberCheckValveComponents.jpg

I'm guessing the one in the regulator is the one that keeps fuel pressure from bleeding off when you turn the key off? Can you replace that filter?

I'm guessing the one in the regulator is the one that keeps fuel pressure from bleeding off when you turn the key off? Can you replace that filter?

If you mean swap a new filter into the housing like you would an air filter, no.

The housing is welded shut so it won't leak under pressure.

I suppose if you REALLY wanted to, you could. But other than tweekers, who has that kind of tenacity?

If you mean replace the filter as a unit, yes.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/fuel-filter-fits-all-engines-4798301.html

OUCH!

List at NAPA $187.70.

Rockauto under $75.

For the filter? Auto zone had it listed for $80 I think. Even that seems stupid.

Yeah, my cost a NAPA would be under $100.

I have one of those BMW check valves that I never got around to installing in my heep. I can bring it to moab in oct if you want it?

I have one of those BMW check valves that I never got around to installing in my heep. I can bring it to moab in oct if you want it?

I think somewhere I read that adding a check valve in the fuel systems with the in-tank regulator caused problems. Maybe that was adding an external check valve, and that if you put one after the pump-before the in-tank regulator it wouldn't be an issue.

Back