• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj cruise control question... please help!

usaf_mike

NAXJA Forum User
Alright heres another cruise control thread. Yes ive searched a million times but I cant seem to pinpoint my problem.

I put cruise control into my XJ that didnt have it previously. I have installed the 99-01 cruise buttons, clockspring with cruise, brand new brake light switch, and a brand new cruise control servo with cable.

I cant get the cruise control light to come on. Ive looked at all the vacuum lines and they seem fine as well as the ball in the bumper.

Anyone got any suggestions this is driving me crazy!!!!

I think with the 97-01 you have to have the cruise control stuff from your exact year. I know I read that somewhere at some point. What year did your stuff come out of?

The 2000/2001 switches differ from 1997-1999.

1999-2001 (as was mentioned in the first post) is incorrect.

I bought a replacement switch for the steering wheel (the left side one) from rockauto about a year ago because mine was going bad. I installed the new switch and it did not work (cruise did not come on; PCM did not recognize). I had to gut the new switch and use the internals to fix the old switch. Internal contacts were different. The switches are definitely not compatible across years.
Not sure where to get the right switch but maybe you'll have to go to MOPAR directly (ugh). Sorry, edit that this is for a '98 bone stock 4.0.

Last edited:
Well you said that the light dose not turn on. I maybe over reading this but does the cruise works and your just trying to Get the light in the dash work.

Well you said that the light dose not turn on. I maybe over reading this but does the cruise works and your just trying to Get the light in the dash work.

I was about to ask the same thing. If you hold down the trip reset and then turn the key it should cycle your entire panel and it should light up all the lights.

Now I’d imagine this should work for you, because on mine the full time light comes on and the abs light comes on neither of which i have.

Does cruise work though, even without the light?

If it is the bulb that's burned out just pull the cluster, and swap it with something you don't have that has a bulb installed.

Does cruise work though, even without the light?

If it is the bulb that's burned out just pull the cluster, and swap it with something you don't have that has a bulb installed.[/QUOTE]

Thats what i was thinking cause when i had my guage cluster out there were just plugs in place of were the lights would go,, but no bulb.

I had a similar issue with my 99. Ended up receiving the wrong part number via an ebay auction, but it took me a while to figure it out. I took the sellers word that they were from a '99 and they were not.

Last edited:
Back