• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driving from west coast to east, wanna go to Moab!

SyCo

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm being relocated from Tacoma, WA to Washington D.C., and I depart next Friday. Since I don't know when I'll be driving my XJ back this way again I figure I'd get a day of wheeling in Moab in. My plan is to arrive Saturday night, find some type of lodging, and spend most of Sunday wheeling.

Any recommendations on where to stay, would prefer a hotel and not a camp site since I don't have any camping equipment.

What trails should I hit up? I'm driving a 98 XJ with a 5" lift, 33 MT/Rs, full skids, winch, 4.56 gears, and an Auburn ECTed locker up front that works when it "wants" to. I do not have any spare parts (left them on the east coast) so I'm not looking to do anything too gnarly, not to mention I have to continue driving to the east coast.

Also, does anyone want to link up for a day of wheeling?

I'm not sure what to expect other than what I've seen in pictures, but are the trails open for public use? Would I have any problems wheeling by myself, I do have a passenger that I could use as a spotter if needed. Sorry for the noob questions but I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

Recommend you post over in the regional chapter forum, you will probably have better luck there.

Hit Fins and Things it is easy but fun. Helps revenge usually has a lot of people that you can tag along with. But enjoy the heat.

Back