• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring on the driver's side

2T2-Crash

NAXJA Forum User
My son was given a 95 XJ that was my grandfather's, then my uncles, then my cousins... finally my sons. Those that remember me from years before might recall I had an 87 XJ... that was my grandfather's, then my uncle's.. then mine. We recycle. :roll:

Anyhow: this thing is a 95 Country and we are working down the list to fix the following electrical issues:

parasitic battery drain narrowed down to the Radio/cig lighter fuse line. Pretty sure it's the radio wiring but that situation is a mess we are working through

driver's electric door lock not working

aftermarket remote start not working (vehicle was in North Dakota for a while)

aftermarket fog light grounding issue, when the high beams are flashed it blows the fuse vs turning off fog lamps as installer intended.

resolved issues so far: alternator replaced, apparently my cousin had attempted to jump it with incorrectly hooked up jumper cables... a few times.

WHAT WOULD HELP:
links to or images of the driver's side fuse panel and kick plate wiring so that I can remove this remote start system and plug everything back properly.

any other hints and bits of advice on any of the issues.

Thanks.

well I traced the remote start wires: all were spliced into others, vs cutting and eliminating the source wire's destination so I dont think it cut power to the driver's side door lock.

as for the battery drain my son turned the bluetooth off on the radio and it stopped killing the battery

well I traced the remote start wires: all were spliced into others, vs cutting and eliminating the source wire's destination so I dont think it cut power to the driver's side door lock. . . .

Well done. Even if it didn't fix anything, it was an excellent starting point. Can't help you with the lock problem 'cos I never use such features (in fact I seldom, if ever, lock my XJ).

. . . as for the battery drain my son turned the bluetooth off on the radio and it stopped killing the battery

No comment ;)

Been thinking about your foglight issue but just so I'm clear, you said they're aftermarket but were they just to replace the OEM ones, so the rest of the system is factree - or is it completely a PO install?

solved the door lock issue. We pulled the wiring out to inspect and I realized it was wrapped in electrical tape from the connecting clip back to the main wire bundle by the door hinge so we took all of that off to find someone had pinched the snot out of the wires while doing other work on the CJ. We cut out the bad section and now the locks work fine.

we haven't even tried to mess with the lights yet.

Back