• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Four Corners Trip 2010

Awww Man.. you were at the top of Shaefer Trail and turned around... that would have killed me.

Nice pics Jake... keep em coming! :wave1:

Thanks John. I have Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Rocky Mountain National Parks to go.

Then at some point, I still have to find time to work on all my HDR photos I took.

Today we made the drive from Arches area to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. We weren't in a hurry and we ended up getting to the park towards nightfall. So we quick set up camp and made dinner for the night. So far we really like the park. The temperature is a little more cool then the Moab area so it was a nice change. More like home.

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

After a comfortable night sleep we decided to take it easy today. We decided to drive around and check out the short hikes and overlooks. The temperature and weather ended up being perfect all day long! The views into the canyon and down to the river were breathtaking. Just looking at the photos I took I can tell that they don't do it any justice. Another great thing about the park and today was that there isn't many people in the park. The drive down to the bottom of the canyon was very steep and curvy! Brakes definitely got a work out!

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

Today Angela and I made the drive from Black Canyon National Park to Rocky Mountain National Park. We first made our way to the West Entrance of the park to find that the main drive through the park (Trail Ridge Road) was still closed for snow removal. We knew it was a risk because of how early it was, but we figured what the hell. There was still 20 ft of snow covering most of the road in the higher elevations. Since that entrance was closed we got the take the 145 MILE over to the West Entrance of the park. Glad we did because the scenery was great and we ended up taking some back roads there as well. We drove through Central City and Blackhawk which are small, cool gambler towns. They both remind me of Deadwood, South Dakota.

We finally got to our campsite which was site 184 in loop B in Moraine Campground. The drive in was great. More elk then I will probably ever see again. We set up camp and made some dinner.

IMG_3973.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4019.jpg

wow! Finally got some HDR's done. I did about 40 HDR's but heres a few. These are the small versions because the real ones are huge.

barnpano.jpg

GreatSandDunessmall.jpg

WildBrycesmall.jpg

waterinthehighdesertsmall.jpg

stormsacomingsmall.jpg

leapoffaithsmall.jpg

delicatearchpanosmall.jpg

BryceCanyonPanosmall.jpg

desertsmall.jpg

dangerouswaterssmall.jpg

Last edited:
Back