• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Violence in Baja

If I wasn't disabled I would be there. I wanted to sign up for border patrol and move back to AZ. Oh well my medical records and back injuries put a stop to that.

I am going to save money and fly down in Nov. for the 1000. I have never been and I got a great offer to see it from the inside. I want to start volunteering with the air to ground part of it because it relates to what I did in the USAF.

If you tax the hell out of it that will still promote the black market.

But at least the State and Federal Governments could get their cut.

Ya sure people like to make beer at home, but look at all the taxes which are collected in alcohol sales.

It is a shame......They should legalize drugs and tax the hell out them. It would stop alot of the violence and end the reccession. I used to go to the border towns before I was 21 in Nogales, Laredo and Acuna when I was in the USAF. It was a good time but I wouldn't dare go now.......I want to go to Baja so bad though I am considering flying to Ensenada for the 1000.

Maybe Not enough detail in the article to make a determination but some interesting perspectives.

Good article. The law kinda leaves it open to harass people they want to get as to be expected from the govt.

The end of prohibition and the tax of alcohol pulled the country out of the depression. It also put an end to some of the most notorious gangsters and their crime rings.

Back