• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off-Road Trailers

We need to plan a naxja trailer run somewhere.

Something like a week long all dirt road run across Wyoming or...across Utah or maybe across Arizona or Nevada.

I realized I haven't posted any of my trailer here.

Here it is...

before I got the tent on it.
4529747818_0aa3f94003_b.jpg

A couple of weeks ago on it's maiden voyage.
4572079731_db80c43994_b.jpg

4572769418_8f4125f699_b.jpg

This weekend I finally figured a way to lift the tent (that sucker is heavy!) on the Thule racks. $12 Harbor Freight scissor jacks.
4610509031_8d6cb6c78a_b.jpg

This weekend I finally figured a way to lift the tent (that sucker is heavy!) on the Thule racks. $12 Harbor Freight scissor jacks.

If this was ExpoForum you'd get a $1,200 electric scissor lift. :p

If this was ExpoForum you'd get a $1,200 electric scissor lift. :p

You know whats weird? When I posted pics of it on Ex-po in relation to fitting a cover I was told by several of them to get rid of the bling bling racks and go with something simple(which I might actually do)

Not what I expected from them.

Hey Doc, how dirty was the trailer once it made it to you? It was pretty clean when I had it, im sure the DEA pilot waxed it before we got it.

Why does the tent need to go so fawking high?

Because it has an annex that goes under it for the kids to sleep in. Don't have a pic of it on the trailer but here is one on the jeep.

3828742631_ece568851d.jpg

While it looks high on the tent, it actually sits a little lower that way than it was on the roof of my Jeep. If it's just me and the wife going I have no need to raise it up. I just leave it down but when the kids are there than it needs to be up or the sides of the annex are really floppy and don't stake down right. You also can't walk under it that way.

Okay now that makes a little more sense.

Thanks and by the way, you suck! :laugh:

I am GREEN with envy...:) Nice job on it

Note the cordless drill the hoook on then end there ;) A driveshaft between the two would be a bit of a project to get it ot spin true and be completely break-downable since I'm sure he doesn't want a 5' long piece of metal in his trailer when not in use.

Note the cordless drill the hoook on then end there ;) A driveshaft between the two would be a bit of a project to get it ot spin true and be completely break-downable since I'm sure he doesn't want a 5' long piece of metal in his trailer when not in use.

well i saw the the drill but didnt notice the hook...time to get my eyes checked,,, doh!

What's the back story on the white XJ?
It was a friend of mines. A guy pulled out in front of her. I had her buy it back from the insurance company and paid her for it...I'm just parting it out. Paid $700, made $2700 so far and still have the drivetrain.
you may have already thought about this but........ what if you welded a bar between the screws on the scissors jacks.. and then hooked up a a cordless drill or somthing like that...

One step ahead of you...kind of. I'm going to mount the jacks upside down to the upper rack and tie them together. That way they will be out of the way. I just haven't figured out quite how I'm going to do it yet.

Back