• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding more!

ncwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
hey im new to the forum. I tried to search this but i couldnt really find anything. i have a 98 with a 3" lift and 31's i was thinkin about adding a 2" block and spacer. If i get an adjustable track bar will i need a drop pitman arm still?thanks

ncwheeler said:
hey im new to the forum. I tried to search this but i couldnt really find anything. i have a 98 with a 3" lift and 31's i was thinkin about adding a 2" block and spacer. If i get an adjustable track bar will i need a drop pitman arm still?thanks

what kind of 3" lift do you have? is it AAL? shackle? or a full leaf pack? if leaf pack, which one?
In genera lthe block is a bad idea. When you're moving to a 5" lift think along the lines of a trackbar, LCA, UCA, and an SYE.

ncwheeler said:

Ditto on the blocks. I would suggest the longer shackles, or new spring packs.

To answer your question, you do not need a drop pitman arm. In fact a drop pitman arm will increase the chances of bump steer. The drag link and track bar need to be on the same plane. Dropping the pitman arm changes this.

I see you have a 1998 XJ. How are you dealing with the vibes? If you don't have them now, you probably will after lifting 2 more inches.

im thinking of doing the same thing. but maybe acos up front and full leaf pack out back. hhow long / can i get away with skyjacker 3inch lowers before i buy adjustable upper and lowers? il need new brake lines i know

thanks guys

Silverstreak01 said:
im thinking of doing the same thing. but maybe acos up front and full leaf pack out back. hhow long / can i get away with skyjacker 3inch lowers before i buy adjustable upper and lowers? il need new brake lines i know

thanks guys
If you still running a LP D30, your sunk before you started.Really bad pinion/caster angles after 4.5",I also had front driveshaft binding.I had RE adj arms so playing with the angles was no problem!

Back