• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help build a Chopsaw stand

JnJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, got the typical 2 car garage with stuff every where (welder, compressor, work bench, press, drill press(soon, waiting deliver), cherry picker,engine stand, HPd44 housing, bookshelves, and misc other junk). So, I'm looking at a portable stand for the new chop saw. What are you guys and gals (beezil) doing for portable work space? Wouldn't mind using wood, don't have enough scrap steel to build one, also wouldn't mind seeing ready made stuff.

Actually a chop saw stand with wheels is very handy in our shop. Make it the same height as the tube storage rack, then you only need shuffle a tube out as far as you need to cut. We found an old roll around stand at our previous shop, Rocky Mtn Fab's old junk, and it fitted a chop saw exactly. Even better is was free and already built.

No pic's sorry. Don't see why a wood stand would not work, just becareful the sparks don't set the table on fire.

I've got ones from Hirsch and Shop Fox in my woodworking shop. The Hirsch has a smaller footprint, and I believe could be set up at different heights. I seem to remember paying $15-20 several years ago. The Shop Fox is larger with a more rectangular top. Both have metal legs and MDF tops and both are extremely sturdy. www.shopfox.biz. Hirsch stuff is usually available at home centers & maybe Ace?

An update on the Hirsh (not Hirsch) stand. They are still made by Hirsh but are marketed with the Iron Horse name, who also makes some good heavy duty folding sawhorses. They do have the adjustable height (on assembly) and support 1000 lbs. Menards price $19.99.

lesslimited92 said:
An update on the Hirsh (not Hirsch) stand. They are still made by Hirsh but are marketed with the Iron Horse name, who also makes some good heavy duty folding sawhorses. They do have the adjustable height (on assembly) and support 1000 lbs. Menards price $19.99.

Thanks, I'll have to look around.

Back