• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noise from steering box?

AD-8

NAXJA Forum User
ok when i turn the steering wheel when im sitting still or going at slow speeds, it makes this really weird noise. The wheels turn fine, its not harder to steer or anything. I dont know how to describe the noise, its kindve a loud humming. Is this dangerous to drive around with? Does anyone know what this could be, and what i can do to fix it?

AD-8 said:
ok when i turn the steering wheel when im sitting still or going at slow speeds, it makes this really weird noise. The wheels turn fine, its not harder to steer or anything. I dont know how to describe the noise, its kindve a loud humming. Is this dangerous to drive around with? Does anyone know what this could be, and what i can do to fix it?

sounds like a P/S pump problem to me... i wouldnt call it dangerous but it could be an indicator that your pump needs attention..

I would start by checking the level of the fluid. PS pumps will be louder if the fluid is low. Yeah, there may be something wrong with the pump, but start with the cheap stuff.

Back