• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to know quickly, Axle ???

Big Hank

NAXJA member #435
NAXJA Member
Don't jump my case to badly, I am helpin a buddy with some axle issues on his TJ. He is removing a trashed out Warn free float kit on the D35. I have my stock D35 parts from the MJ. We want to just use my internals in my axle. It appears the end of the axle tubes are a different O.D. I was wanting to make sure the axles shafts are the same diameter before i go tearing into my D35. Is there any difference in an MJ axle shaft and any other D35. It appears from the outside that the MJ is beefed at the outer bearing. Also, just realized. The TJ had the D35c originaly. So is there an difference in the housings.

Thanks, Gene MJ

Last edited:
its a regular d35. i am researching it currently and finding out that most internals are different. i was hopeing to just find the correct size bearing at the end of the housing and then using my mj stuff.

Thanks

The only difference should be if it is a C-clip axle or not.35-C "DOES NOT MEAN C-CLIP".

The MJ has a non-c-clip axle while the TJ has c-clips. This means different bearings in the housing ends.

Back