• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

error code 25

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
got any advice? engine check light came on and i got an error code 25. (actually 2.5) but i assume its 25. I did the key on-off-on-off-on-off thing and thats what came out? Do i need to replace my idle control motor or should I try to spray the sensor down with pb blaster to see if that helps.

FYI this came on after a short (1 mile) trip after the jeep was sitting for 2 weeks while i was working in TN.

Thanks you guys are great.

Smiley

2000 xj classic 31in tires 3 in lift (on for about a year with no problems)
flowmaster exhaust, kn fpik, 101596 miles (just in case you needed any of that info)

1. Key on off stopped working about mid-97.

2. Go to a parts store and have the code read, then post back here the exact code.

3. Don't replace parts based on a code, it is a diagnostic helper to point you in a certain direction.

so i got out there and looked and my tb was really gunked up. I am gonna clean it out before I do anything to see if that will keep the plate from sticking and fix the problem.... my question... does the check engine light go off automatically or do I need to reset it and if so how do i do that.

Again thanks for all the help guys.

I know you said error codes stopped in 97 but i got a code out, weather that's just a coincidence or it actually gave me and error code IDK

Back