• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra chapter runs next year

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We're about to send next year's event schedule out to all the 4x mags. Have you all talked about putting on any runs next year?

A NAXJA Rubicon trip? :)

Additionally, I'd like to encourage every chapter to consider doing regular quarterly runs. They could be Saturday only or for the weekend, and we'd like to put them on the NAXJA event calendar. What do you think?

Richard G
NAXJA Pres

Keven, what we discussed over the Cleanup weekend sounds like a weiner. The only thing we have to workout is alternatives to going all the way thru the 'con for the people with trailers.

Monday: Barrett Lake with overnight.
Tuesday: Drive to Rubicon trailhead and camp at Loon.
Weds: drive into Spider or Buck Island for some camping. Depends on how many folks will be with us.
Thurs: Continue on to Tahoe side and drive to Eagle Lakes off 80 for Fordyce Staging. Towed Rigs: Drive Buck to Loon and tow down Tom's Cabin road and on to Fordyce Staging. Camp Overnight/Dinner
Friday AM. Fordyce run. Should take about 8 hours with a group of 20 rigs. Camp at Meadow Lake.
Saturday. Towed Rigs can run Fordyce backwards to the river crossing and then take the escape out to HWY 80 and back to the trailers. Rest of rigs are sent on their merry way from Meadow Lake, down HWY 89 to 80.

We need to monitor water crossings. This is supposed to be an El Nino year, so we might get a bunch of snow (we need it).

Min: 33s and one locker, tow hooks, skids, spares and some self sufficency. I hope to have a welder next summer, I know that Dan has one.

We can change the days on this, but it would be good to do the rubicon during the week. Maybe start Barrett on Sunday.

What say you?

SeanP

That sounds like a good one. Would probably be best if run in late August or early September.
I think it's fair to say that the Swamp run will be an annual event on/around July 19th as well, maybe make it an official Sierra Chapter run next year, I was hesitant to do so this year as that has traditionally been Richard's deal and I didn't want to step on any toes, we did have a good Nor-Cal turn out for the event.

Jes

SeanP's plan sounds good, and the water levels are usually OK in August and September.

CRASH

Back