• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote start on 00 XJ

jgshields91

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 00 XJ that I have installed an Avital 4103LX remote start in. I have everything hooked up correctly to my knowledge. I have checked all of my connections and have followed all the wiring diagrams and connector pin outs from Alldata. The only things I do not have connected are the trunk (+), neither "accessory" wire as one is instructed to tie into the climate control system and the second is for any additional switched accessory. The three alarm wires aren't connected as I don't have an alarm system. I also do not have the satellite harness connected to anything as my understanding is that it's for a bypass system and I do not have a chipped key that requires a bypass. My only functions I have are unlock and panic mode. I cannot get it to go into program mode but my xj functions just fine with the key. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what I could have done incorrectly or something I'm over looking?

I have the 5103. What happens when you try to remote start it? Do you hear relays, do the lights flash, etc.

Have you performed the shutdown diagnostics on page 42 of the installation guide? What were the results?

Have you performed the troubleshooting steps on page 45?

Do I understand correctly that unlock works, but lock does not?

Last edited:
I should be able to help. What happens when you attempt to remote start? Do you have pink or pink/white connected to ignition in the vehicle? Do you have the neutral safety input grounded?

Dub

Back