• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket cooling fans

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
Im ready to get rid of this stock cooling fan, and my elec fan is about shot too!

At discount auto they sell 2 fans that are SLIGHTLY smaller than the stock metal fan, the 2 will fit side by side inside the compartment if i remove the metal fan.

Is this going to work?

I know its not much detail, but what Im really asking is, is there a specific size Ill need to run dual electric fans? Will two eletric fans pull enough air to cool it?!

I can get the part #'s if any of you are interested. TY!!

Do a search this one has been covered up and down although Im with you I picked up a perma cool 14" hipo model moves like 3000cfm Im going to replace the stock mechanical with that as soon as I can get around to having some free time to pull apart the front end... The general consensous(sp?) is that you need at least 2000-2500cfm to replace both the stock mech and aux fans so look for ratings if it aint up there it wont work...The other thing is to make sure and have a good shroud for the fans...
luck for both of us
themud
:cheers:

It can work but every Jeep is different. Freak things like the blade coming off can happen to anything. If you use a rapid cool I think from Pep Boys you can ditch the mounting they give you and attach were your old elec. fan was. You can also then just drill new holes in the radiator top attachment and put the other one there. Dont trust some zip ties.

As for the cooling abilities, get the best CFM possible. Maybe get some LeBaron hood vents to help the compartment out in the summer to get rid of heat. Good Luck!!

Back