• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford F-150 Coils on Cherokee

GWS

NAXJA Forum User
I was just over checking out the jeepspeed site, and ran across an interesting post about using Ford F-150 coils as a cheap lift component for jeepspeed racing. Has anyone on this site used these? If so, how high a lift did you get?

GWS

Not gonna happen ...
You can use the Ford coils from an F-100 2WD , as they feature the last wrap that closes to around 2" diameter to fit around the stalk at the top of the XJ coils.

I believe the later model Ford F-150 with the TTB did the same thing...but I don't know.

Beware the spring rates on these things. The trucks weighed pretty close to 5 grand, and your XJ just weighs a little past 3 grand.

I am running coils from a 78 Ford F150 2WD on the front of my 89 and they work well. It actually rides smother than my 98 XJ with up country coils and flexes good.
The ones I got were used salvage yard units from a truck with a 302. They are a little small at the top but will work over the ring on the isolator after driving a while and seat fine.
I have no problems with them for the 20 bucks I paid.

Gained about 2.5-3" over stock height.

Back