• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Springs Coils

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been searching for hours and am getting conflicting posts on what Ford springs to get from the junkyard. I just want to clear some things up for myself and the next person who searches. I'm adding some keywords here to help in future searching: f150 f-150 f250 f-250 ford spring coil tbird thunderbird

So the springs have to have an O-shape on bottom and not a D-shape to fit over the spring perches.

73-79 Ford 1/2 ton 4x4 springs will give about 2" of lift under weight, but ride stiff?

78-79 Bronco springs are the same?

94 TBird V6 springs give 2" but you'll have to make adapter plates, but the spring rate is closer to the XJ, so the ride quality is similar?

90-92 F250 springs will give you 3", but are really stiff, 400 vs 240?

Should I get these...
"1978 f150 coils. At the parts store they call em f100 coils. Just as long as you make sure to get the ones for a 2wd truck.
Im using em with a 2" spacer and got 5" in the front of my rig.
Call carquest, or Napa for em. I paid 60.00 for the pair of mine. @ Carquest."

"F150 Coil Springs - Part # CS8228 by TRW/Federal-Mogul NEW $47.33 for pair w/ tax at Advance Auto."
Are those the same parts as the post above?

Right now I have 4" S-10 bastard pack with 2" shackles in the rear, and I'm looking for 3" springs with my 2" spacers up front to level it a bit. It doesnt have to be perfectly level, but cant sit the way it does now.

Thanks guys, I'm looking iron things out a bit. Keep the random post-whore comments to a minimum, I spent more time reading argument then I did actual tech stuff. Commenting is all fine and dandy untill you want hard information and cant sort it out.

I ran some JY 78 ford F150 2wd springs in the front for a while 2.5" or so was all I got. Werent terrible stiff, but werent the smoothest ride. Picked up a used set of RE 4.5" coils for cheap though and ditched the fords.

Andy

Back