• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who wants to see my MJ?!

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
I've been working on it for awhile, its almost ready to wheel.
3" and 31's
IMG_2339.jpg

It now sports an AX-15, a Waggy 44 front, a 7.5" TnT longarm, OTK steering, 4.56 gears, Detroits front and rear, and fresh 35x12.50 X-terrains. I've still got a few things left but I took it for a spin around the block today and I'm very eager to put it on the trail.
DSC_3464.jpg

DSC_3474.jpg

DSC_3459.jpg

DSC_3460.jpg

Gotta Thank dellstopjeep and bigpimpinben for the help.

Just thought you guys would like looking at it as much as I do.

Ok, have fun with that.

Very nice looking MJ. Do me a favor, get some rock rails before you destroy that great looking Comanche.

XJourney said:
Very nice looking MJ. Do me a favor, get some rock rails before you destroy that great looking Comanche.

X2. I was weeping inside a couple of months ago watching the fella from Texas in his blue longbed at Walker. He did a nice job though, only slightly wrinkling one rear quarter panel skin as I recall.

thats a very clean MJ, a very very nice job dude!

Nice Rig! what do you have in the back?

XJourney said:

Yeah i was definitly planing on that. I was very interested in the Rocker Panel Replacement Avanteone made for IXNAYXJ. maybe he could shoot me a PM on what he'd charge me to put a set on my MJ. (Hint Hint)

goblazers_6 said:
Yeah i was definitly planing on that. I was very interested in the Rocker Panel Replacement Avanteone made for IXNAYXJ. maybe he could shoot me a PM on what he'd charge me to put a set on my MJ. (Hint Hint)
Interestingly enough, one of John's employees wheels a Comanche and did the rocker replacements.

-----Matt-----

I'd love to see how his are set up. I've never seen it done on a comanche.

no underside photos?

Pretty sure the underside is just like you'd install them on an XJ. Bolted/welded to the pinch seam, welded to the edge of the trimmed rocker skin under the doors, lots of guys run sections of 2"x2" welded to the top of the rocker skid so it nests up tight against the underside of the floor to absorb pressure/impact and not bend the floor or tweak the rocker skid.

Back