• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Wiring at rear wiper/defroster switch plate

NathanJ777

NAXJA Forum User
My switch for the rear wiper smoked and melted, while replacing it I noticed wiring that is just dead ended in a unused plug behind the same panel that holds the rear wiper switch, rear defrost, and cig lighters. Any idea what accessory options this wiring is for? My first guess is fog lights. Thanks for any info anyone has.

It could also be wiring for the "extended idle" switch. Either way they won't work for you.

It sets a high idle at about 1200 - 1500 rpm's to run with better cooling for aux equipment like lights for a long duration.

It sets a high idle at about 1200 - 1500 rpm's to run with better cooling for aux equipment like lights for a long duration.

1000 RPM and most likely not the connector for the Ext Idle switch behind the blank. The Police Versions that come with that have a completely different wiring harness in the dash then a regular XJ would have. So chances are that if you had the Ext Idle connector in an XJ you would have the switch too.

Back