• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late Model Door Envy Retrofit

:rolleyes:
Certified Solder freak here!

COjeeper great writeup. Thanks for all the extra time and effort you put into this project just so you could share it here.

Thanks man!

Hey, how are you? I wanted ask how you dealt with the old backing plate bracket inside the “B” pillar from the old post striker? Did the new backing plates fit in it ok or did you have to cut/chisel them out?

Paul

Hey, how are you? I wanted ask how you dealt with the old backing plate bracket inside the “B” pillar from the old post striker? Did the new backing plates fit in it ok or did you have to cut/chisel them out?

Paul

Hey Paul, sorry for the late response. I had to chisel the old nut out because I had to use the backing plate nut that I got with the new striker. LMK if you have anymore questions.

wanna trade ??

I HATE the fixed wing window on mine.......can barely fit a pizza in thru it...................

My wing window opens, but some are fixed triangle windows, others have neither. For the pizza, try one slice at a time, a slice of a large pizza fits well thru my opened wing window.

The wing window when open allows a lot of ram air thru when at speed, and can reduce the buffetting that can occur when the roll down window causes when opened at speed.

Wing windows are a nice old school car touch, found lacking in many modern cars. eliminated cause car makers cheaped out I think.

If you are not using the A.C. the wing is really very nice to have when hot, the air it can allow in at speed is much more than one gets from the dash vents.

I will keep mine!

If you have a fixed triangle window on the door, consider converting to a wing window, a window that can be opened!

My wing window opens, but some are fixed triangle windows, others have neither. For the pizza, try one slice at a time, a slice of a large pizza fits well thru my opened wing window.

The wing window when open allows a lot of ram air thru when at speed, and can reduce the buffetting that can occur when the roll down window causes when opened at speed.

Wing windows are a nice old school car touch, found lacking in many modern cars. eliminated cause car makers cheaped out I think.

If you are not using the A.C. the wing is really very nice to have when hot, the air it can allow in at speed is much more than one gets from the dash vents.

I will keep mine!

If you have a fixed triangle window on the door, consider converting to a wing window, a window that can be opened!

All good points...but the wing windows that open are old and finding one that doesn't need new weatherstripping is all but impossible....and then getting replacement weatherstripping is even harder......

And I get my pizza by the box thank you.......

Hello Cojeeper I realize this writeup was posted long ago but I wanted to ask a quick question that maybe you know the answer or maybe you've answered this for someone else before about late model Door swap.. I've followed your writeup and would first like to thank you for the very thorough walkthrough it was great I'm just about done with whole swap but before I hook up battery I would like to ask what do I do with these org/wht wires that are left and never mentioned in any of your writeup I have every wire you mention but I also have a org/wht wire left on both driver and pass side any help is appreciated

Ironically, I'd love to have the older style doors on my 97... that old school wing window is pretty awesome imo

Ironically, I'd love to have the older style doors on my 97... that old school wing window is pretty awesome imo

What I would like to try and do is put the glass and opening vent windows in the '97 and up door. Opening vent windows go for big bucks usually when they do come up for sale. Only way I would even consider trying this if I found both front doors with opening vent windows cheap. Figure if it doesn't work out didn't spend too much money trying. LOL.

Back