• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

champion equiptment winch?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any experience or input on the champion winches? A 8000lb winch with remote switch,snatchblock and roller fairlead is on sale for $399.00 canadian.Seems to good to be true.

Two guys in my club have them, got them from costco. They are noisy, and kinda slow but they work. One guy used on for essentially 8 hours straight on a trail that takes 8 hours to cover half a mile and is uphill through trees that is really lockers only but he was open in his YJ and winched most of the way. It was noisy, almost like the bearings werent packed properly, but it works, took lots of abuse, got hot, but still worked. Plus from costco, you can take it back and get another. I personally am waiting till a deal on a warn comes along. I dont like anything that sounds like bearings are not proper.

yup bought it, checked out some trial tests on some other forums,seems to hold up pretty well, noise and slow operation were the big complaints,guess I'll find out for myself how it really is.thanks for the input!

Back