• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where did you mount your CB Radio

Northern Pride

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to see a few pics of where you all mounted your CBs and your Antennas if you don't mind.

Mine is loose right now and I want to mount it permanently!

I did a search for write ups but didn't find anything!

Thx

Last edited:
Re: Where did you mount your CB Radios

Havent wired the thing up yet and still need to get a new antenna. But this is where I put mine for now at least.

IMG_0017_001.sized.jpg

Wow that was quick!

Thx! I thought of that but I looked at the glove box and it doesn't seem like it would grab in that cheap plastic, even thou there's really not much weight to it. It a uniden Pro 510XL.

Northern Pride said:
Wow that was quick!

Thx! I thought of that but I looked at the glove box and it doesn't seem like it would grab in that cheap plastic, even thou there's really not much weight to it. It a uniden Pro 510XL.

Mine is an old Uniden PC66XL. The plastic there actually has steel backing it so there is more than enuf strength to hold just about any CB.

i saw someone selling a peice of what looked like aluminium, that fit in between the visors, connected to the visors screws, and created an overhead mounting point. i thought that was a cool place, also looked like it could be removed for security reasons. if anyone knows about this id love to see it again, just cant seem to find it.

but yeah thats where im going to put mine if i can find that thingy again.

between the visors. I have a uniden 510, so its pretty small. Its easy to remove and just leave the bracket, wires, etc... up there. I mounted the antenna using a Firestik bracket. When I remove the radio, i take the antenna off too. Only takes a minute to install/remove both.

Sorry, but no good antenna pictures

Last edited:
Sorry I dont have a pic but I just mounted mine on sunday and I mounted it to the right side (pass. side) of the console. I mocked it in about a dozen different places and that was where I thought was best because I could mount it and keep it tight to the side of the console so it would not interfere with passenger leg room. Plus I can see it clearly and access everything very easily from the drivers side. Then I was able to hide all the wires right under the console and dash. My antenna is mounted on the rain gutter behind the pass. side rear door.

Thx for posting guys!

Is it possible to get a few good pics of the antenna brackets up close for me. I want to see what the brackets look like close up...the kind you used!

Thx...

Sorry, I don't have any pics, but mine is mounted on the right side of the tranny hump, or to the right of the shifter. For me, that is the best place for it cause it doesn't get in the way of my legs, and I don't have passengers very often. I mounted the mike on the flat plastic by the shifter as well, and it is really easy to grab it. My friend mounted his below the headlight switch, but for me that would hit my knees to much.
For the antenna , I have mine on the right rear quarter pannel, below the 4x4 thing.

I have a remote head unit (UHF) the body is mounted under the dash behind the knee guard (it's a 2000 model XJ) and the head unit is mounted at the bottom of the console (below fog light switches etc) using velcro. This way I can remove the head unit and you have to take quite a bit of the dash apart to get the many body out. I also have a remote speaker mounted under the centre console near the handbrake.

lmtrf_tx3400.jpg

Cheers
Steve

I don't have a picture, but I have the Radio Shack small CB. It fits perfectly on top of the dash to the left side A pillar. There's a dip there and it fits like a glove. I mounted the microphone holder to the plastic on the A pillar. Works great. Antenna is on the back bumper.

Thx guys!

I found a great place to run the wire, down by the tale light and through the rubber gromet in the back. I will take pics of where I mounted it and how I do the antenna if anyone is interested at a later time.

Thx again!

I don't have pics (sorry), but I mounted a Uniden 520XL inside my center console (98 Classic). I don't really use the console for much (mostly junk), so it fit nicely in there with minor modifications (had to remove 2 cd spots) I mounted the Radio Shack small external speaker under the dash on the driver's side. Everything is hidden nicely. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Back