• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got My Liberty Rear Discs.. Help with lines!

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up my box full of rear brake parts from a 2004 Liberty yesterday. The dismantler at the junkyard cut the hardlines to the calipers about an inch to 1.5 inches away from where they are pressed into the flex hoses.

I would have liked if he'd left me with some more hard line. The hardline and flex hose come as one piece from the dealer.

Is there any reason why I can't re-cut and flare these short pieces of hard line and bend my own hard lines to mate up to them?

Thanks for any ideas.

Geoff

Won't your hard lines mate up to the Liberty flex hoses? I reused my hard lines and put on ZJ flex hoses to the calipers when I did my (ZJ) brake conversion. OK, I don't have the flex hoses fixed down at all yet, but it seemed to go OK.

If you are looking for an easy set-up, use the original lines and just use the ZJ rear caliper hoses. The cheap way though it to go and get som TJ Rubicon rear disc brake lines/hose combos. Less than $15 each, depending on the dealer mark-up.

Rubi rear brake line/hose combo's:
RT side 52009092AE $12.75
LT side 52009093AE $6.60

Have fun, I run the Liberty disc on my 87 that I swapped in an 8.25 rear into. They work great, but are prone to noise when cold.

Chancer said:
Won't your hard lines mate up to the Liberty flex hoses? I reused my hard lines and put on ZJ flex hoses to the calipers when I did my (ZJ) brake conversion. OK, I don't have the flex hoses fixed down at all yet, but it seemed to go OK.

The Liberty hard lines are actually a press fit into the flex hoses, crimped at the factory. They aren't a threaded fit.

Geoff

i see no reason if the hard lines are still in good shape that you cant re-flair them just rember brake lines should be double flaired which is slightly different than a single flair like used in most other applications. you can use a single flair on brakes but they tend to crack and cause leaks not realy what you want in a brake system. good luck disk brakes are worth the work.

Back