• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Would you guys?

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Buy a company owned car from someone? The XJ search for me has been ongoing and the one i was going to put a deposit on the other day fell through b/c it was a piece. This new one i found is mint...2001xj w/ 85k on it...drove it from ct to upstate ny for a sales job everyday...it was company owned since 0k in 01...first owner drove it for the first 35k and now this guy from 35k to 85k ...he's asking 8500....no leaks, no engine noises, all service records...its a sport w/ a donut, no cd player, no fog lights and the regular sport wheels...my g/f's 98 had all that and less miles and she got hers for 7g's...i guess thats not really what i care about though. My question about buying a co. owned car is if i owned a co. car and didnt have to pay for it..id' beat the **** out of it...hence why i'm not sure if i should buy it....doesnt seem like its been beat on..has all the power from the I-6 that it should...what do you guys think?

I have some freinds who buy company cars through his sisters company. I haven't heard them complain. Plus a bit cheaper than other wise. I think there is a bit more responsibility since you might not want to **** off who's handing you a paycheck. Now if it was a rental, then that a different story.
Tom

My dad used to have a company car and the company provided all of the maintenance on it, so it got better care than his other car. On the other hand, he also put a lot more miles on it than his other car.

In a way, I think it's a lot like buying a rental car--they get kind of "beat," but they also get really good, regular maintenance.

All in all, I guess I'd rather buy a car that's been run hard but looked after well than one that's "only driven to church on Sundays" but has had little to no regular maintenance.

If it looks right...feels right... and the money's right (w/you)... then buy it. It's an XJ after all and it's just now broken in!!! :laugh3:

Good points...it deffinatly looks and feels right...price needs to move down 500 bux or so....thanks guys.

Back