• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj o2 sensor heater circuit problems

bigwavedave

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping for help. I've read multiple threads about o2 sensor heater circuit codes on this and other sites. My 2000 xj with Cal emissions is throwing P0135,0141, and 0161. So far I have replaced both relays in engine compartment, checked and replaced fuse in kick panel, replaced all o2 sensors with NTK's, checked ground continuity, checked power to ECM Pinout, and pulled out harness to double check for damage. All testing was using instuctions from here: http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/jee...heater-tests-1. With Key on, engine off, no power to heaters. No power with engine at intial start up either. Even though there are only 3 codes, all four of the sensors show no power with voltmeter. Scan tool shows 1 volt at every o2 sensor with key on engine off which is what understand to be a default number the ECM uses when no power is present. Any other ideas? Anyone ever actually solved a o2 heater problem with a ECM swap? Thanks for any help, Dave.

just the heater circuit wires. The other wires are sending the voltages to ecm once heated by exhaust. so i pulled the harness and visually inspected and tested ground wires, from the o2 sensor male pin, with voltage meter. im baffled, but thats not hard to do.

That's where mine were melted together, the sensor wires(twisted pair) were fine.

Back