• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The what do you have to do thread!

Uhh, hate to rain on your parade but throw out bearings don’t respond well to prayer, don’t get better with age, don’t heal themselves, and odds are it will give out completely somewhere other than your driveway. Ask me how I know.
Clutch+Nov+06-034.jpg

I’ve got a leaf spring front mounting bolt hole that is wallered out (southern for worn into an oval :) ) that I need to weld a plate over. Other than that it’s load the camper, buy beer and food, gas up and go.

Finished my stuff this morning, it's been down for two months:
Rebuilt & ported the Head
'99 Intake Manifold & P/S Bracket
Durango Steering Box
Welded up cracked exhaust manifold
Upgraded block bracket on the driver side to include another hole while I had it torn apart.
....and all the little things that happened along the way!

I've been itching to go so bad...I hadn't done a full 'once over' until this morning....all I can say is I hope it survives.
Front shocks are really over rated, aren't they?
In thier present condition they are good for use as a limiting strap only.
What the heck, I'd bet they have been in this condition for a month or more.

:D

Jump This said:
I've been itching to go so bad...I hadn't done a full 'once over' until this morning....all I can say is I hope it survives.
Front shocks are really over rated, aren't they?
In thier present condition they are good for use as a limiting strap only.
What the heck, I'd bet they have been in this condition for a month or more.

:D
I have one of my front shocks completely blown but the other is good and I agree it may have been that way for a long time who knows,they must be overated,see you out there Rick......SANTA

I know Kyung is only running 1 rear shock..... man whats with you guys?? :doh:

Wounded XJ said:
Bad shocks are better than no brakes. If you think I'm joking I'm not. I get to wrench in the camp for a bit.

Do you realy think you will be the only one working on your Jeep just prior
to leaving on a run?

Don't think so...

:cheers:

hell Im just putting the interior back in after finishing the last welds on the cage....
still have to put in the spare axles, air tank, cut and finish the plastic trim and goop the hell out of the bottom plates for waterproofing...

themud

All I gotta do is wait till 0600 and DRIVE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just finished loading the trailer.... just got to get through one more day of work then drive 6 hours.... should roll in about midnight tomorrow.

Back