• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail schedule for CO run

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I thought I'd get a new thread going about our trail plans. It looks like we're going to have some folks joining us throughout the week. Also, Ken Brubaker from FourWheeler might be available to join us on a trail run if we can give him a definite day that we will be running a trail. Since we'll be staying a little north of BV, I'd rather leave my camp set up and run up and back on Holy Cross, and do it on Friday. Grant and the rest of you, how does it sound to leave Wed open to run whatever we feel like running, then plan to run Iron Chest on Thursday, Holy Cross on Friday, and Old Chinaman's Gulch on Sat?

Since it looks like most of us are staying at Crazy Horse, can we nail that down as the starting/meeting place for the runs on Wed to Sat? This whole trip is coming together nicely, and it looks like there are some people who could join us on different days if they know exactly where to go. I can also see advantages to starting at City Market if we're going in that direction, but it would be nice to nail it down for each day.

Leaving in five days. :D :D

Richard G

Sounds good to me Richard!

I hope to be up there thursday night look foward to meeting everyone!
Led

The only problem I see is attempting to run Holy Cross in one day. A group of ten vehicles or so will not make it beyond French Creek if you are planning to attempt this in one day. Any sort of breakage will mean leaving people or vehicles stranded overnight. I do understand not wanting to break camp at Crazy Horse. The most fun at Holy Cross is above French Creek, and above the City, just not feasible with a group in one day.

I have always said to allow an overnighter on HC. We need to avoid running it on the weekend if at all possible as it is one of the favourites of the Denver crowd. Please remember no fires - camping is allowed.

So - in order to run Old Chinaman's Gulch on Sat, I still plan running HC on thurs/Fri.

[quote:e1258c7709="Grant"]The only problem I see is attempting to run Holy Cross in one day. A group of ten vehicles or so will not make it beyond French Creek if you are planning to attempt this in one day. Any sort of breakage will mean leaving people or vehicles stranded overnight. I do understand not wanting to break camp at Crazy Horse. The most fun at Holy Cross is above French Creek, and above the City, just not feasible with a group in one day.

I have always said to allow an overnighter on HC. We need to avoid running it on the weekend if at all possible as it is one of the favourites of the Denver crowd. Please remember no fires - camping is allowed.

So - in order to run Old Chinaman's Gulch on Sat, I still plan running HC on thurs/Fri.[/quote:e1258c7709]

Thanks for the clarification Grant!
Aaron S. and I, and maybe Scott M. (CO-XJ'ers) will meet you at the HC trail head at 8:00 am on Thursday.
I've been trying to keep the CO-XJ list informed on the happenings for this run so if we can say that Thur/Fri is a definate go, I'll go ahead and post it unless you want to do it.
BTW, what CB channel are y'all going to running on?

Thanks again,

Eric

Sounds good to me, Grant. I'll see you Tuesday AM. Now I have to go weld up some frame cracks and add to my front bumpstops....... :?

Richard G

Back