• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank sensor symptoms

CastorTroy

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping to get some opinions on my 96 4.0.

When I first picked it up, it would run fine. However, after the engine bay heated up, it would develop a pretty bad miss/stumble. If I got it out on the highway and cooled the engine bay down a bit, the stumble would go away. Internets pointed to the CPS being the problem, so I replaced it with a BWD from oreillys, which initially solved the issue. Even running on a 105 degree day, it ran great.

Fast forward a month, and the stumble is back and worse. Before, it was just after the engine bay warmed up, but now with the new sensor it's immediate from start up. The first time it happened, it corrected itself after a few seconds. But now it is constant. Did my new CPS take a dump?

My understanding is that the MOPAR sensor has been discontinued. Is there another brand I can try?

Picked up a new OEM MOPAR sensor, and am in the process of installing it. I got the old one out, and there is a ring rubbed into it. It doesn't look like it's rubbed through into a sensor contact, but I wonder if this is why it quit working?

ylwkUct.jpg

VKKq6Iy.jpg

Back