• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Jeepers want to wrench on my car?

CheapJerokee

NAXJA Forum User
I will provide cold beer/alcohol of your choice, food and gas money

I'm new to Jeeps and would appreciate some help and expertise. I just bought a 1997 Cherokee RWD (with previous owner installed other Aisin trans and a 231 J transfer case). I have done some drain and fills. I've replaced the fluid in the axle and keep changing the engine oil. There is definitely gas in the oil. I started off with 7 diagnostic trouble codes and I am down to 1. The Jeep is running extraordinarily rich although I think it has gotten slightly better. My mileage went from 8 to 10 mpg. I've already replaced, plugs, plug wires, coil, o2 sensors, oil sending unit, and a few other things. Does anyone know a good place to get new window

I will be replacing:
- water pump
- lower radiator hose
- harmonic balancer
- Thermostat
- water temperature sensor
- clutch fan
- belt
- power steering hoses
- oil pan gasket
- engine oil pump
- rear main seal

I was wondering if anyone would like to help me finish installing these. The more the merrier. I am located in Hemet - which is about an hour from Riverside, an hour and 10 min. from Fallbrook, and about 40 min. from Temecula.

I will provide cold beer/alcohol of your choice, food and gas money

Don't everyone speak up at once...I will be flushing out the cooling system over the next few days starting on Wednesday. Hopefully, everything but the exhaust manifold, engine oil pump and rear main seal will be left by the weekend.

Well, I've finished the water pump, heater pipe, flush, thermostat part. I also had a week long adventure because I couldn't find the lower water pump bolt. So, I bought a bolt from Home Depot. I quickly snapped the head off that then snapped the head off of the EZ out that I tried to get in there. So...that was fun getting out. I ended up with a 7/16 size bolt on the lower water pump bolt.

I have installed new o2 sensors, new plugs, new plug wires, new ignition coil, new air intake temp sensor, new coolant temperature sensor (the snaps on the plug were broken off so I still need to get a new plug and wire that in), new serpentine belt, new belt tensioner, new resistor for the hvac, fan clutch and...? I can't remember anything else yet.

I still have a valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, engine oil pump, rear main seal motor mounts and exhaust manifold to install.

Well, I'm looking at any window that works for someone else. Usually the weekend. Although I'll be off for three weeks starting on the 18th of December.

Back