• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 34: D44 hubs & brakes on D30 Knuckle

i looked into this when machining mine...

you cannot use a chevy D44 (6 or 8 lug) spindle. the flange on the spindle that the chevy spindle bolts go through is far too small to properly bolt them to the 3 hub bolts on the D30 knuckle. i dont recall if there was bore fitment issues as well (spindle smaller than WJ hub bore).

now, i know people use the ford rotors on chevy small bearing spindles so that they can put 5on5.5 wheels onto their chevy flat tops. if you can reverse engineer this and put chevy rotors on the ford spindles, im not sure.

but i am certain you shouldnt get chevy 44 parts and try to do this.

Dana 34: D44 hubs & brakes on D30 Knuckle

I love this!
Have you broken an axle shaft yet?

Just found this thread last month. Was gathering parts for the WJ swap. Looks like Ill be doing this instead since I also happen to have a 78 bronco axle sitting in the front of my garage. Read through the thread but didnt recall seeing if a master cylinder/booster change was done also. Anybody else do this yet with the WJ knuckles?

Wow, apparently the email notifications expired or something. Update: never broke a shaft. Did replace bearings once but I thing that was to insufficient preload. Overall I was very happy with the swap, and would not hesitate to do this on any Jeep I own.

Back