• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dadgummed Ambitious Varmint

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
How many 12y.o.s take on the moving of a shed?

I have to hand it to Varmint #Last. He isn't lazy. He is constantly hustling the neighborhood looking for work to support his Nerf and Airsoft habits. Folks next door asked him to demolish a small shed they didn't want anymore (previous owners used it for raising chickens). Varmint asked if instead of demolishing it he could have it if he could move it.

Where on earth does he get such ideas?

Anyways, I got rooked into this project.

He had to work for it though:

MovingShed6OPT.jpg

The shed was along that fence line, and too close to the fence for me to be able to drag it with the Jeep and clear the gate, so he had to winch it to about that point right there before I could hook onto it with the Jeep and drag it most of the way. There was a bit more winching later to deal with another gate. He has it pretty close to where it goes now, just has to come up with a plan that I will approve for a foundation/footings.

And he will probably get paid for taking the shed.

I need to start charging him for equipment rental and professional consulting.

How many 12y.o.s take on the moving of a shed?

I have to hand it to Varmint #Last. He isn't lazy. He is constantly hustling the neighborhood looking for work to support his Nerf and Airsoft habits. Folks next door asked him to demolish a small shed they didn't want anymore (previous owners used it for raising chickens). Varmint asked if instead of demolishing it he could have it if he could move it.

Where on earth does he get such ideas?

Anyways, I got rooked into this project.

He had to work for it though:

MovingShed6OPT.jpg

The shed was along that fence line, and too close to the fence for me to be able to drag it with the Jeep and clear the gate, so he had to winch it to about that point right there before I could hook onto it with the Jeep and drag it most of the way. There was a bit more winching later to deal with another gate. He has it pretty close to where it goes now, just has to come up with a plan that I will approve for a foundation/footings.

And he will probably get paid for taking the shed.

I need to start charging him for equipment rental and professional consulting.

Could you at least let him break even? :nono:

Great going young man! :thumbup:

Back