• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockpile ZJ Build

rockpile_zj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, but finally joined up to post my new build since it’s a unibody. I’ve got a 94 ZJ Limited 5.2L with just under 67k original miles. I’ve had it for a few years now, and just finished installing a lift on it last weekend. This is my 3rd Jeep and I’m building it to be a go-fast rock crawler, typical SoCal style build. My goal is to keep it clean but capable. As it sits now, I’ve installed the following:
BDS 4.5” coils
Fox 2.0 adjustable reservoir shocks
Synergy steering with Fox stabilizer
Prothane bumpstops
A mix of Ironman4x4 Fab and RC control arms, with Johnny Joints swapped in to almost every end (the front LCA’s still have 1 rubber bushing, and the UCA axle mounts are still rubber for now)
Clayton front/IRO rear track bars

Short term plans: super35 kit that I’m getting from a friend for a couple cases of beer, maybe a hp30 swap, and debating notch customs flares to clear 35’s, depending on how much I build these axles.
Long term plans: air bumps, locked JK44’s or a 9”/hp44 swap, 35-37” tires.

I’ve still got a few small things to adjust on it. I need to trim the prothanes down a bit, install longer brake lines, and trim the fenders so I can fit 33x12.5’s. I’m currently on my older 31” tires.
d15c6b8f7346455ac72d9f00c55acd81.jpg

cd1a754b868bdea14bf9126bc11eb6a3.jpg

a5243a8da96e2e5be6eafc3eed4a8669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’ve ran prothanes on other Jeeps in the past and had issues with them jamming up onto the coil retainer/bump stop post. I found these 1.5” barbed adapters with a 2” flange that fit perfectly into the Prothane. It’ll prevent them from getting jammed, but I’m anticipating the rear to be noisy. The front still utilizes the stock bump stop so it has a soft hit, but the rear is metal on metal. I’ll have to see how excessive it is but I’ve got some ideas to quiet things up if it’s too annoying.

https://www.amazon.com/DERNORD-Bar...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

394fa3977d6bb5f51fadff0017fdcdc3.jpg

0448cb280aea0ceb066f33aaff6ce3e7.jpg

6b85131be36bb3ee734c11e5048e8b69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back