• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part time lite

2offroad

NAXJA Forum User
when i put my XJ in 4wd the part time lite doesn't work any more, anyone know the main causes. no other bulbs have failed, also very hard to get my big head under the dash to change the bulbs.

I've got this same problem on my '90. 4wd works as good as new and I've tested vacuum on each line as well as the bulb behind the indicator. Oh well, as long as the 4wd works.
If anyone knows what else to check, much appreciated.

Ace....
Check the vac switch located under the pressure bottle, it will have a vac line going in and a wire coming out. it turns on the light when the disconnect moves.

Rev

Just something else to check ... this refers to early 90's models at least, maybe more, someone with a newer FSM can check that... the connector that supplies power to the lights on the left side of the gauge panel can get loose real easy. Mine vibrated out and needed to be re-pugged in. I "adjusted" (bent) the plastic holding tabs out a bit on the re-insert to keep it snugged in.

It's a 2" x 1/2" or so block connector that plugs into a hole where plastic tabs containing the conductors are folded into the hole to make contact.

If everything else is working, check that. It's also a convenient place to check voltages and the bulb, once you have the dash all apart anyway.

mine is a 98 no disco, has to be a eletrical trouble.

Back