• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holes in frame in front of Xmember studs?

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what the holes are that are located on the underside of the frame immediatly in front of the holes for the X-member bolts. I am assuming they are for the many combinations of drivetrains available, but what I dont get is that one of the holes has a rivnut in it, but the rivnut has not threads, its more of just a sleeve. I want to use these holes to bolt in my CA brackets, but before I drill out this sleeve I want to see if they can be utilized. Thanx

XJguy

You're right, they are for differing crossmember locations with different drivetrain combinations. Should tap easily.

Of course, if you mount you're control arms below the frame you'll be fair game for serious razzing from yours truly. :D :D

I just drilled right through them...afterwards regretted it, the blank nuts in there were actually quite heavy duty and would have been sufficient for my needs...so now I had to cut a hole into the floor above it to drop the bolt through the hole. :twak:

XJguy

SeanP said:
:rolleyes:

here we go again....

:D :D

Hey web boy, when can you get your junk back out on the trail?

getting closer all the time. Goal is to have it done (and I mean done for the next several years kind of done) by this spring. I am tired of all the fab/wrenching, I just want a rig that I can throw stuff in on 15 minutes notice to go camping/wheeling.

SeanP

Back