• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starter question? anybody help

Joe

NAXJA Member #887
Well the problem is at start up the starter kinda sound like its about to died. The battery is new OPTIMA RED TOP and the alternator reads 14.5 volts when on. Now could the conection be loose or is the starter going bye bye. Any thoughts be for I take it out, any test that I can do will on the Jeep. :?: :?: :?: :?:

1994 Jeep Cherokee
4.0 I 6
4x4

Thanks
Joe

Crawl under your rig and give the starter a couple of good whacks with a hammer, if the starter seems to work better, buy a new starter. I had to do this to mine when I first got it. :mrgreen:

Thank guys for the info. This morning I check the relay but that was ok, then I took the starter out and checked it outside the jeep and that was ok. I did notice that the terminals were all dirty so I clean them and installed the started back on the jeep and :D :D back in bussness.

Joe

Back