• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holiday Party ??

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I almost posted this under the M@G. But decided it needed it's own space, and I didn't want to get it off subject.

My wife and I discussed a Holiday Party of sorts (sometime between Thanksgiving, Xmas, Quansa, Hanaka, etc, etc). My thoughts were that this would be a great opportunity for each of us to get together, "hang-out", enjoy/share our favorite foods and beverages, let the wives, kids, etc all get to know each other more, maybe have a slide show of past events and discuss future plans and events.

I am more than willing to host it at my house, but we live in the Marysville/Stanwood area and that makes it quite a bit north of the more central locations.

Is there intersted in such a event?
Are there others that would be willing to host it?
Thoughts?
Comments?

Michael

2xtreme said:
I almost posted this under the M@G. But decided it needed it's own space, and I didn't want to get it off subject.

My wife and I discussed a Holiday Party of sorts (sometime between Thanksgiving, Xmas, Quansa, Hanaka, etc, etc). My thoughts were that this would be a great opportunity for each of us to get together, "hang-out", enjoy/share our favorite foods and beverages, let the wives, kids, etc all get to know each other more, maybe have a slide show of past events and discuss future plans and events.

I am more than willing to host it at my house, but we live in the Marysville/Stanwood area and that makes it quite a bit north of the more central locations.

Is there intersted in such a event?
Are there others that would be willing to host it?
Thoughts?
Comments?

Michael
If you're willing to host, I'm willing to drive. I love the idea and I think it would be great for the Chapter in general. Members only?

I would say that this should be in addition to a M&G, as it seems like it would be a different tone.

I'll bring a Fruit Cake. (And no, I'm not talking about Ian....)

-----Matt-----

Were you thinking of making this a whole NWC thing? or just a Washington thing? Just curious..... sounds fun.

PoSxJ said:
Were you thinking of making this a whole NWC thing? or just a Washington thing? Just curious..... sounds fun.

I was thinking it would be open to any NAXJA member.

It would be a nice 5 hour drive for us.
Actually it is a 3.5 - 4 hour drive from my place to Portland (I make the drive VERY regularly). And I am even willing to offer LIMITED "Over Night Accomidations" for those who choose to drive a long distance, have children and want to stay late, or who simply drink too much to safely drive home.

I understand that my place it NOT centrally located, I was just putting this out there and was hoping that the interest would spark conversation and help direct the final plans.

Michael
Matt you are more than welcome to bring a Fruit Cake. Ian, you are also very welcome if you are not a guest of Matt's :)

This sounds like a great idea. I'd host it here in lacey, but i live in an appartment disguised as a house:rolleyes: . Too damn small.

Great and generous idea, Michael. This would be on a weekend I persume?

Anyone like deep fried turkey? Im more and willing to buy and cook one, if enough interest arises or not.

And by Matt saying he will bring a fruit cake, he's really saying he is going to show up. :D

2xtreme said:
or who simply drink too much to safely drive home.

Well with my experience from the pre-northwest fest run, you just described most of the chapter.... :D

Including myself.... .:cheers:.

I dont know about that drive Michael.:D
I think that this is a great idea!!! If you need help with pre-event set up/prep let me know. I'd be more than happy to come down a little early to help. Other than that I am totally confused. Is Matt coming, and Ian not, or is Ian coming and Matt not, or are both Matt and Ian coming, dressed as fruitcakes? Anyone?

We would be love to go. If it works out for us, we would make an appearance.

By the way Michael, this is a GREAT idea.

12GAXJ said:
[ This would be on a weekend I persume?

I was thinking a Sat afternoon/evening/night would be best.
Michael

I think it’s a great idea. I'll have to check with the girlfriend to see if she's available, because most likely we'd take her car. A Ryan you know what that means, Designated Driver!

Speaking of being available is there a date set yet?

If it's going to stay as planned, us Portland guys who are able to go could caravan up there.

Hi
This is Mike's wife. I was thinking about the holiday party being a weekend in January- December is a little crazy for us, and that way we have some fun to look forward to after the holidays.
And of coarse this way Mike gets his 50" inch plasma TV for Christmas, for the "slide show"
Look foward to seeing you all again
Dawn

2xtreme said:
Hi
This is Mike's wife. I was thinking about the holiday party being a weekend in January- December is a little crazy for us, and that way we have some fun to look forward to after the holidays.
And of coarse this way Mike gets his 50" inch plasma TV for Christmas, for the "slide show"
Look foward to seeing you all again
Dawn

Sniggs and I were working on a tentative charity fundraiser after Thanksgiving a little more centrally located. Might take some stress off trying to get anything going before the remaining holidays. Something like Centralia/Chehalis might make things easier to get a bigger crowd... There are a few places around that would be conducive to large gatherings, have good food, and motel accommodations along the I-5 corridor...

Any thoughts on something like this? By 'charity event' it could either be a 'per head' ticketed deal or just a fundraiser and 'fend for yourself'. Something for Toys for Tots or Northwest Harvest...

Phil,
I think we should go with that. I just think we need a good "excuse" to get all of the members and their families together and thought that this time of year was a great time for it.

If there is anything that we can do to help with this we would be more than happy to assist.

Do you have any ideas of dates? Before or After New Years?

Thanks,
Michael

2xtreme said:
Phil,
I think we should go with that. I just think we need a good "excuse" to get all of the members and their families together and thought that this time of year was a great time for it.

If there is anything that we can do to help with this we would be more than happy to assist.

Do you have any ideas of dates? Before or After New Years?

Thanks,
Michael
We discussed December the 9th or 16th - although the 16th is pushing pretty close to Christmas.

I think we have a might have a line on a banquet room down in the Centralia area and I'm discussing Toys for Tots with a local fire station here in Burien.

What would be really cool is to see this be a joint effort (co-op style) with some other 4x4 clubs in the area. If enough show, we could cover Toys-for-tots AND Northwest Harvest.

Childhaven and Children's Orthopedic were two other local charities that came up in conversation.

Last edited:
2xtreme said:
Matt you are more than welcome to bring a Fruit Cake. Ian, you are also very welcome if you are not a guest of Matt's :)

Well, thank you Michael, however as Eli also pointed out I think Matt was referring to bringing himself. :)

Sounds like fine idea, and I will check with the the girly and see if she would like to go as well (designated driver :D). Weekends between now and xmas will be a little busy though - after new years perhaps?

Ian

Back