• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console

Woz

NAXJA Forum User
Other than the obvious power supply checks, has anyone ever tackled the overhead console (compass-thermometer) in a 90 XJ. Got one where the lights work, but the other readouts are DOA. Same with the cruise control. Everything on the stalk works, but the CC doesn't. Imagine it's a vacuum problem or that little black box under the dash. Just got this Monday to replace my Ranger my son wrecked. Other than clean her up, put in a K&N and change the oil, t'aint done much. Thx Woz

I just got mine working again... The ground grounds to the engine block on my 90 XJ... Check at the connector under the kick panel on the passenger side and mark sure the ground is good and the power into it is... I believe the power is a white with black tracer... You can also check it at the headlight delay module under the steering column on the drivers side. Thats where the power is feed from...

Back