• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Replacement Key

Many larger hardware stores can duplicate and program chipped keys. Any locksmith will be able to duplicate and program chipped keys.

I think that might be an issue as the OP appears to be in japan.
That is true... I did not realize the key was chipped, so when I had duplicates made they unlocked the doors and started the engine fine, then flashed the amber "key" light several times and shut the engine off.
Looking for guidance as to how I would be able to have duplicate chipped keys made, and then shipped to an FPO/ AP address for an overseas location. I would think that someone on this forum has experienced similar issues before and could point me in a solid direction... TIA!!

No Locksmiths in Japan ? A US hardware store or locksmith would need a functional chip key to make and program a duplicate.

That is true... I did not realize the key was chipped, so when I had duplicates made they unlocked the doors and started the engine fine, then flashed the amber "key" light several times and shut the engine off.
Looking for guidance as to how I would be able to have duplicate chipped keys made, and then shipped to an FPO/ AP address for an overseas location. I would think that someone on this forum has experienced similar issues before and could point me in a solid direction... TIA!!

Not sure if this helps in your situation, but if you have two working keys, you can program additional ones. http://www.programautokeys.com/clas...er-programming-instructions-listing-8445.aspx

Or I've seen where people with only one working key remove the transponder and tape it inside the steering column so it's always read.

IDK what you have there but are there any dealers capable of getting you keys? If you only have one key you will need to get the skim code (4 digit code) and a capable scan tool to program the new keys. Usually the dealer can look up the code for you.

Back