• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mother Nature HATES my Jeep!!!

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
We sold my wifes Explorer yesterday so she needed to take my Jeep to work in the snow. My t-case still isn't fixed from the mudslide issue last week but I put some Lucas additive in it and it quieted down a little. I test drove it and the 4x4 was working so I sent my wife on her way. A few minutes later I get a call from her that she slid off the road and into a ditch. With some help of some locals and some advice on my end she was able to get it back on the road then she tells me she's is pretty sure the Jeep is badly damaged because it is leaning real bad to one side and will not drive straight. She pulls into a parking lot just down the road and waits for help from me. When I arrive this is what I find. My new 35 Kevlar is in bad shape and my rim is toast. Everything that I just repaired on my steering is bent to hell again. The only thing that servived was JeeperJohns track bar. My slightly bent axle is now really bent. Good Times!!!! I also bought another Jeep yesterday. Pics of it will be coming soon.

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

DUDE!!! What is going on up in Forrest Falls? Or is your wife trying to sabotage your jeep? jk...

X2!

I'm starting to think the sabotage thing might not just be in my head. I bought her an 03 WJ Overland last night for her to drive so she will stay the hell away from my XJ, but it has the blend door issue (don't ask). It just means a little plastic door is jammed and blocking the heater from working. It's an easy fix and I will do it soon but the car can't be driven like that. No heat means no defrost and when you don't have defrost in sub freezing temps you aren't going anywhere. The car fogs up within a minute or two. I drove it home last night with the windows down freezing my ass off. I also drove it to where my wife left the XJ and I had to drive it with the windows down. I wasn't happy watching snow cover my leather seats. This situation SUCKS.

It just means a little plastic door is jammed and blocking the heater from working. It's an easy fix and I will do it soon but the car can't be driven like that.

Wait till the heater core starts leaking... Ugh.

I replaced my leaky radiator and the next day the heater core started leaking. I think the increased pressure from the non-leaky radiator put the heater core over the edge.

Get the heater-treater off ebay to fix the blend door issue. Works great!

How did she slide off the road? Did something break causing that to happen or is it just the (too damn icy) roads right now?

How did she slide off the road? Did something break causing that to happen or is it just the (too damn icy) roads right now?

She slid off the road after hitting a patch of ice going around a turn. She was one of 4 vehicles that went off the road right there. The XJ was the only one that got out on it's own power.

My wife finally got home from work and took over childcare duties of our son which allowed me to go and look at the damage. It's not good and I need someone with welding skills ASAP. My lower control arm axle side mount is done. I need to grind it off and weld on a new one but I don't have the skills to do that nor should this thing be driven. The welds are cracking on the mount and any little bump is just going to completely break it off. Does anyone out there have a portable welder and some good fab skills and is willing to drive up to my place. I know this is a huge favor but I'm not sure what else to do. I would gladly pay you for your time. I think I will post these pics in a new thread.

6.jpg

5.jpg

Damn, when it rains it pours huh? I can't believe with all the stuff done to the jeep you never bought the T&J Miniskids......

Holy crap! I can only imagine how much this has got to suck for you. I went up last time and almost lost it on a turn while the road was icy. Its not fun!

Back