• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's Go To The Rubicon

I have been on this forum for about 14 years, but didn't officially join NAXJA untill two weeks ago because of this thread. I am just finishing a very slow six year build on a 1996 2 Door that i would absolutely love to get to the Rubicon Trail. Lets keep this discussion going!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

My son Noah lives about 4 `/1 hours south of Reno, next to Death Valley. He has 1/2 acre and knows plenty of people with space for parking. Also, if anyone wanted to take a route towards The Hammers, and include a stop through Death Valley, he (and I) know the area quite well.

2022 eh? With luck I'll be in HI by then, but an excuse to bring Gomer out of hibernation, and only 4 hours away? Definitely worth some thought.

David Bricker / SYR

My son Noah lives about 4 `/1 hours south of Reno, next to Death Valley. He has 1/2 acre and knows plenty of people with space for parking. Also, if anyone wanted to take a route towards The Hammers, and include a stop through Death Valley, he (and I) know the area quite well.

I did end up at PSR last year, though Noah wasn't there at the time. I talked to the other manager(?) at the bar for a while, definitely a cool place with a fantastic beer selection as expected. Would highly recommend as a stopover for anyone interested in incorporating a few more destinations on this trip.

Only had two days for exploring but hit most of the main stuff, did the hike up to the springs, Aguereberry Point, the charcoal kilns (and the fun road south from there), and all the sites down through Badwater out to Pahrump. I'd definitely like to make a return trip at some point.

Trona Rd, headed towards Searles Valley...

2020-03-26_12-53-30 by vetteboyxj, on Flickr

I'm still a solid maybe. I'm now a mere 600 miles away instead of 3000 miles away and my Jeep is out here now, though it's absolutely not ready for the Rubicon yet.

My parents booked a Surprise family vacation the same month as we were planning to go. And I can't swing that much time off. And Jordan ran into his own issues. So the 2 of us are no go. At least for 2022. 2023 is the naxja Moab event. So I won't be able to attempt Rubicon trip until 2024 probably

In case anyone is still interested for 2022, the Sierra Chapter event is the first week in August.

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1164008

Hmm.

I have a conference in Vegas starting the evening of August 4th. I was planning on making a road trip out of it, not as extensive as towing the buggy out and running the Rubicon, but now I've got a reason to reconsider.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take it up in the event thread from here.

Any east people maybe still on the fence?

Hmm.

I have a conference in Vegas starting the evening of August 4th. I was planning on making a road trip out of it, not as extensive as towing the buggy out and running the Rubicon, but now I've got a reason to reconsider.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take it up in the event thread from here.

Any east people maybe still on the fence?

Unfortunately work (or lack therof) has delayed me from getting to the finish line with mine. Still on our list, but this year is definitely out for us.
Rich

Back