• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance 4.0 build

The first one of these ended up being sold to a guy in Virginia, haven't heard any other feedback on the build.

The next one will be going into my 96 5 speed in a month or so; its basically a carbon copy of this one but the intakes flow about 250 cfm at 28" and it will be using fuel injectors by Marren fuel injection.
My friend (rmx250cfl on NAXJA) is finishing this one up for me.

My40_zps84e5939d.jpg

I'll probably end up painting the valve cover gloss black along with the pan. Accessory brackets and timing cover will be aluminum finish.

-Alex

Any thing special about these injectors?

I forgot the part number or flow rate but when Tim was asked about running the usual Neon (or other commonly used injector for the 4.0) he carried on for about 10 minutes about why those were not the correct injector for this engine. That, and my friend bought them for his XJ originally but he ordered the old style plug... so I have em now.

If you're not familiar with the company here is their company info.
http://www.injector.com/

Edit: These are four pintle injectors.

-Alex

Back