• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driver's window won't go up!

Reddleman

NAXJA Forum User
Searched, but couldn't come up with good terms that didn't give me a couple hundred discussions.

Driving along on a spring-like day. Rolled the window down a bit, and now it won't roll back up. No noise, no strain, no nothing. I don't have a time to dig into the panel right now, but is there any relatively easy way to get it back up?

Is it manual windows? or is it automatic? I had the same problem with my manual windows and the regulator went bad. I went to the junkyard and got a new one. only took like 30mins to install.

Power windows. It will actually go down just fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not the motor.

Can someone point me to a wiring diagram for the driver's door. I was thinking it might be possible to jumper the contacts to put the window back up until I have time to check it out further, or maybe reverse the connection to put it back up. Anybody ever done it, or reasons why it might/might not work?

If I need a new motor or regulator, I can work on that. I'd just like to be able to get it back up for now. It's cold out there this time of year!

It's a 97, if that matters.

Do you hear the window regulator running when you try to raise the window? When you try to lower it? With the door open, can you put one hand on the inside of the window and one hand on the outside of the window and just pull it back up into position? Just trying to figure out the root cause of your issue...

If the motor isnt running I think the swithc is your issue since it goes down fine. You got a PM.

Back