• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Map sensor parts interchange?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been poking around the internet for an hour and cant find a site that will give me other vehicles that use the common gm style map sensor that my 89 cherokee does.

The reason being is im trying to get a couple at the junkyard but cherokees are hard to find now in my area.

So can someone tell me other makes and models to pull this map from?

Couple ways to do this. Napa is good for this. So I am just assuming this is what you are looking for.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB21961?searchCategory=15.3&searchIndex=App

If you scroll down a bit you will see the words Buyer Guide. Supposedly ever car that uses this part.

Also certain Mopar sites do this. You will need the part number. So I could not find what I think you are looking for in my '88 to '90 parts catalog. So I am just going to use the part number for a headlight module for a '90 and '91 out of that catalog.

So the part number is 5600 4262. First to get a better Google search take out the space between the first 4 digits and the second 4. So it looks like this. 56004262. Don't ask me why cause I don't know. Also if desired results are not showing sometimes putting the word Mopar in front of the part number helps.

Anyway that give us this website:

https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/MODULE-Daytime-Running-Lamp/4498539/56004262.html

Click on the words What this fits. Click on Show more. So supposedly that is every Mopar that part is on.

Now not all online Mopar sites have this what it fits thing.

Also just so you know. On the Napa you can cross a manufacturers part number to get the corresponding Napa part. It does not always cross but still a good way to research things.

Map sensor part number 3300 0153, better to search without the space, ie 33000153.

Map sensor part number 3300 0153, better to search without the space, ie 33000153.

I found the same thing as I posted above. Always wondered why. So if that is the part number. Putting Mopar in front of the part number helped. Got to the site that I like for looking to see what other vehicles this fits.

https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com...-Cylinder-1986--1994-95/6719581/33000153.html

And using the interchange at the Napa site it turns out I might have found the right part that is in my post above.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CRB21961?interchange=1

Without putting in the make and model search Rock Auto for the part number. On most any offering click the info button, it will give pretty much all the alternate parts numbers for the same item.

A little tip just because it is a Jeep the exact same part may be more expensive. That part for a Jeep may cost more than the exact same part for a GM. One reason I always use the part number and look for a couple of alternate part numbers.

Standard makes decent parts, I've had no issues with any yet, the MAP is around $30 for the Standard part compared to (sometimes) $120 for OEM Jeep or Mopar. Delphi OEM is around half that price at the GM dealership for the same part.

thanks guys the napa lookup is what i was looking for....
Im gonna target impalas,montecarlo,and malibu at the yard.

The insert inside the connector will normally be green for the normally aspirated sensor "1-bar" you need. Other colors would be for turbo or supercharger setups.

Also from https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/everything-ls/gm-map-sensor-identification, the seven digit number on the backside opposite the connector should start with 039, 460, 883, 876, 153 for the 1-bar sensor. The rest of the digits are the production date.

I bought a nice lifetime retirement stash of them for $4-$7 each a year ago on Ebay. Made in China and they work perfectly, been using one on the DD for 18 months. Also bought a batch of spare TPS's from them. They are also high quality, I tested them. Ran about $7 each. I stock up before the trade war gets worse.

Without putting in the make and model search Rock Auto for the part number. On most any offering click the info button, it will give pretty much all the alternate parts numbers for the same item.

A little tip just because it is a Jeep the exact same part may be more expensive. That part for a Jeep may cost more than the exact same part for a GM. One reason I always use the part number and look for a couple of alternate part numbers.

Standard makes decent parts, I've had no issues with any yet, the MAP is around $30 for the Standard part compared to (sometimes) $120 for OEM Jeep or Mopar. Delphi OEM is around half that price at the GM dealership for the same part.

Back