• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender trim question...........

drifto77

NAXJA Forum User
OK .... today I pulled the flairs and the bumper end caps. (getting ready to trim for my very 1st time)
The question I have is this..........................
After pulling the liner out of the FRONT wheel well, I can see my door hinges. How has everyone taken care of this void so mud and junk dont get up in there?
My thoughts were to try and modify the liner and put it back on. (am i right?)

BTW..... if you need to know, its a ' 99 4 door.

Last edited:
barillms said:
Those long foam things you swing and hit others in the head with.
:laugh: i left mine of, not a big deal. however if you must fill it, i would use the noodles

barillms said:
Those long foam things you swing and hit others in the head with.

Guess I should have knowed that !
laughing-smiley-017.gif

(heres my sign)

smilies-18927.png

Think the pus.......... uhhhhhhhhhh......... pink ones would go good with a amithest (sp?) colored jeep?

red91inWA said:
go with Bublle wrap. It's easy to change, and when you break down, provides HOURS of entertainment.

Ask Mark...

I concur. It makes great body protection as well. Ask Prepmech.

Lawn Cher' said:
I concur. It makes great body protection as well. Ask Prepmech.

Yep, bubble wrap is going to be the next big thing.
Seriously though, I've got a green noodle. Its smashed in my wheel-well. When it gets dirty, I pull it out and hose it off. My girlfriend laughs at it.

I cut the fender well liners and put them back in. They work, but tend to get ripped out about every second trip.
Just something else to fall of the XJ during a weekend. Seems there are alot of those, lights, fender well liners, fender flares, shocks, springs (of course one has to put those back in) door handles.
Haven;t had the glass fall out, maybe this weekend. :laugh3:

if using expanding foam out of a can which i used just use some braces in the foam like wooden dowell rods or even pencils only a few though so the foam can set in place... this was easy to do for me then just spray painted the foam black to match colorwise

Back