• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bakersfield inches closer to hell......

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Today I first heard about it in a PM with a link. Since then, I have seen the reports on National News stations on TV.

Funny thing is.... I grew up in California. Have been thru Bakersfield many times (in the 70's). I knew this back then.... other than the Juice stands on the side of the highways, it sucked.

Today, I saw footage that confirmed what I knew back then. Bakersfield was close to hell on Earth (closer now) and Fords do indeed suck. I think I even saw a Jeep Liberty swallowed up too. Cool footage, should have recorded it.
:D
Glenn

picture.JPG

Actually, that reminds me. I have been to hell and back. There is a town that was along the old East/West German border. We used to patrol Hell. :angel:
Glenn

So... You would take the "Highway to Hell"? :confused:
Glenn

Glenn Baker said:
Today I first heard about it in a PM with a link. Since then, I have seen the reports on National News stations on TV.

Funny thing is.... I grew up in California. Have been thru Bakersfield many times (in the 70's). I knew this back then.... other than the Juice stands on the side of the highways, it sucked.

Today, I saw footage that confirmed what I knew back then. Bakersfield was close to hell on Earth (closer now) and Fords do indeed suck. I think I even saw a Jeep Liberty swallowed up too. Cool footage, should have recorded it.
:D
Glenn

Ok, so you think this is evidence that both Bakersfield and Fords suck? :D

Here's a link to the story and a great pic:
http://www.bakersfield.com/top/story/4287371p-4298773c.html

The first vehicle that was sucked in was a Jeep. :) This happened yesterday afternoon at work, and I saw the trucks fall in, and was standing right there as one of our emplyees drove right into the hole before anyone could stop her. What a strange deal. We lost water and gas, and the street in front of the dealership was closed down until this afternoon.

Seeing a crane lift out the slightly customized F350 4x4 crewcab dually 6.0 Powerstroke by it's front two hooks was an amazing sight. $55,000 worth of truck hanging vertical in the air on a cable......what a sight.

I teasingly told people that I've gotten Jeeps out of tougher spots than that. ;) :D :D

Re: Re: Bakersfield inches closer to hell......

Yup, pretty amazing stuff. Too bad about the Jeep though. Woulda made a good photo; Goatmans XJ pulling the rigs outta the sink hole.
Glenn

Goatman said:
Ok, so you think this is evidence that both Bakersfield and Fords suck? :D

Here's a link to the story and a great pic:
http://www.bakersfield.com/top/story/4287371p-4298773c.html

The first vehicle that was sucked in was a Jeep. :) This happened yesterday afternoon at work, and I saw the trucks fall in, and was standing right there as one of our emplyees drove right into the hole before anyone could stop her. What a strange deal. We lost water and gas, and the street in front of the dealership was closed down until this afternoon.

Seeing a crane lift out the slightly customized F350 4x4 crewcab dually 6.0 Powerstroke by it's front two hooks was an amazing sight. $55,000 worth of truck hanging vertical in the air on a cable......what a sight.

I teasingly told people that I've gotten Jeeps out of tougher spots than that. ;) :D :D

Back